Monday, May 19, 2008

Sleepless on the mountain

I hate it when I can't turn my brain off at night. I can be tired, worn out and want to sleep, yet can not. Even if I go to my 'safe dreams' place. Where I start out thinking of what I want to dream. Putting myself there. Before I fall asleep and wind up in nightmare dreamland instead. (A trick I taught myself as a child to help get bad images, memories out of my head.) It doesn't always help when it comes to getting me into rem sleep but at least I can control my dream thoughts per say, and drown out the massive mess of life's confusion that rattles ceaseless through my brain. Endless conversations of what has happened or could have happened or should have happened or what will happen next. What did I say, what should I have said, why in God's name did I say that! and What will I say if they say that thoughts, running a never ending marathon race in my mind.

No comments:


Flocks of love to ya!