Sunday, June 15, 2008

lap top pooped out but life brings other gifts

My lap top worked all for 2 days but a friend is looking at it for me. I only paid $100.00 for it but I saved for that just to take it to Tulsa to help with mothers paper work, avoiding the need of hiring an accountant. The Tulsa trip was horrible and wonderful at the same time.
The day I arrived home I got a call from a friend I haven't seen in about 25 years. He was close (as he lives in Washington, D.C.) and will drive through town if I have time to meet for lunch.. Not only that but his dear cousin Sophie and friend Petra from Germany will be with him and finally I get to met the love of his life ( he loved deeply when I knew him in the 80's, and his lovers death I believed changed him and I know hurt him as deeply as he loved).
I am so happy to see him with love in his eyes again. We have both aged, but I knew him as soon as I saw him standing in the parking lot. Funny how he thought I'd looked the same (I had just cut my hair for the first time in almost 20 years. He knew me with short hair,I'd forgotten I'd had!) And though a car accident has taken some of my memories it felt like long lost family had come home at last.
He met the man of my life and I met his. I normally hate having folks in my every primitive house, especially when I haven't been here to clean it in months, but I begged them to take time to stop in (it was on their way!) and was proud to show them my humble home. I pray they all come again as often as possible.

No comments:


Flocks of love to ya!